Code Gamerby Thames & Kosmos
Do you hate it when your children always want to play video games? Well, what if they could learn while playing? Code Gamer is an innovative experiment kit that teaches children to write their own computer programs using the Arduino programing language. They start by assembling their own gamepad, then install the app on their computer or mobile device. Through play, they use sensors to experiment with light, sound, temperature and motion to get past obstacles. They can also experiment on their own, using their newfound knowledge to bring their own projects to life. Children will discover a whole new world that takes them behind the screen in an educational way.
Includes Arduino-compatible microcontroller (with Bluetooth), cable, rotary control wheel, circuit board, gamepad housing, two push buttons, motion sensor, temperature sensor, sound sensor, light sensor, parts for projects, CodeGamer App. Requires a tablet or smartphone running iOS or Android®.
Learn to code by playing a video game
Gaming: Use sensors to control the game with this innovative gamepad
Coding: Solve puzzles and challenges in the game to learn the Arduino programming language
Making: Write your own programs and develop new applications for the sensors
Level by level, learn the basics of the Arduino programming language!
• Solve increasingly complex Arduino puzzles.
• Discover which program commands make the LEDs on your gamepad blink and the sound module activate.
• Learn how your gamepad works and how you can configure it yourself.
Apply your new programming knowledge in cool projects!
• Use the sensors in new applications to bring your own ideas to life.
• Use the light sensor to count how many times a drawer is opened or program an alarm system that sends you messages.
• Enter the digital maker’s world and unleash your creativity.